Sunday, March 22, 2009

Lyra's Lincoln and Liberty


Lyra's Lincoln and Liberty, originally uploaded by lamb lady.

These twins were born in the pasture early Friday evening. I was home but obviously not attentive enough. Brad and I had been working around the barnyard from late afternoon through to early evening.
When I went to the field to bring the ewes in for their grain, Lincoln and Liberty were beside their Ma in a low area of the pasture away from the other sheep. I carried them from the field, a back breaking task, with Ma trying to confound my every step. After all, they were her babies not mine. Finally, I put Lincoln down to follow Lyra. I carried Liberty low to the ground so her Ma knew exactly where she was and followed me.
I was starving till I got to the house well after 8 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment