Tuesday, December 2, 2008

lookin' out my backdoor


lookin' out my backdoor, originally uploaded by lamb lady.

This is the moon, Venus and Jupiter (L to R) in close proximity on Monday, Dec 1. Brad called me out to get an eyeful of the sight last evening. It was cloudy, rainy and ugly earlier in the day, so quite a treat that we were able to see this spectacle. It was just after sunset and you can catch a glimpse of a tree in the bottom right of the photo. I have a smart camera. It took this shot on "auto" mode. Nothing that I took manually looks as good as this shot.
Shortly after we came inside to get warm the phone rang. It was Lane proudly announcing that he'd gotten an 8 point buck in the afternoon. Now it's not everyday that a boy gets his first buck, so we drove up to check it out. There were grandparents, great grandparents, aunts and uncles there to see Lane's deer. He was really tickled and tired. I bet he slept good last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment