Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Favorite Christmas Decorations or Why Everyone Needs an Aunt Joyceee

My Aunt Joyceee is a lovely soul. She is a precious one. Who could help but love her? Over my life she has gifted me with her gentleness and kindness and her love. She joins us for our family gatherings and I am always glad to see her. When we take road trips together we have great fun. Everyone needs an Aunt Joyceee to love them like mine has loved me.
Joyceee has given me some of my favorite Christmas decorations. As I'm decorating this week, I think it's time to document some of her contributions to our Christmas stash.
In 1994, she made and gave me these lovely old time cross stitched Santas. Aren't they dear? They are stitched on paper and inserted in a wooden base with a tiny pine tree between them. Each Santa is 1 1/2 inches at his base and 5 inches tall.In 2000, Joyceee cross stitched another tiny treasure for me, a Christmas sheep with a wreath on her neck and a tiny brass bell. The frame is 5 inches square. A couple years ago she gave me a lovely glass tree ornament. I love hanging it on the tree and worry that the dog will bother it. It is teardrop shaped, 6 inches long with a 4 inch diameter. Mary and Joseph are in the stable as sheep graze on the hillside under the night sky. Thank you, Joyceee, for these treasured Christmas decorations but most of all for your love and for being the special aunt you are to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment